Monday, December 22, 2008

Search Engine Contest

So since part of my job at my internship is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) I spend every morning reading about what's going on in the world of search engines. This means reading about techniques people use (black hat versus white hat), what's going on in the world of search engines (Google's growing market share, Baidu's lawsuits), and whatever else comes up in my various feeds. An interesting one popped up today, and that was Busby Web Solutions. When I looked onto the site I found out that the web development company is having a contest to see who can become number 1 in Google for their chosen term "Busby SEO Test". This peaked my attention, so I read on and took a look at what they're doing and what other sites are doing. I decided why not toss my blog into the game. It has been set to not appear in search engines until about 30 seconds ago. Why not see what some simple type and good content can do against people who are doing this for resumes, publicity, and money.

So Busby SEO Test, here I come.


Participant in the

Busby Web Solutions Search Engine Optimisation Challenge

Which also means a few other things. 1) If you follow this page because you follow me, this will have updates in it regarding this contest 2) if you follow this blog because its interesting or you're my friend and oyu have your own blog/webpage, toss me a link so other people will take a look 3)I'm going to update a lot more often about my life since I can now type my blog at work as work. Yay for updates! 4) you might learn something about Search Engine Optimizing (SEO) if you follow this.


So I'm going to go ahead and post this and leave fresh content for later today. Keep and eye for some posts and information soon.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Yay we get to read about Andy's life and work! Teach me about SEO! Woot!