Friday, September 12, 2008

birds nest and what not






So my co-worker Cheng Chen (Faerie) is one of the busiest workers I've ever met which can be trouble because she often can't help train me, but that's getting better. Anyways, she got swamped in meetings and I got her ticket to go to the para-olympics which was pretty sweet. It was for track events. I went with her friend Zhou Li and got to see the sights.

First off, the architecture is amazing. The birds nest is a wonder to walk through and so cleverly made. The water cube is pretty sweet at night and the surrounding area is gorgeous. China went all out and it really shows more in person then on TV. I think its pretty obvious that China is still more concerned with internal opinions and the climate its citizens perceive than with that of the outside world. I've long been on this side of the debate, but this really pushed me even further. And let me tell you, the locals are more amazed then the tourists, so it worked. Here are my pictures from my phone, or some of them. others will get posted seperate.

No comments: