I love...
-having the best meal of my life for 22rmb ($3.50) over 3 courses
-hospitality of people who will be interacting with you long term
-sharing culture among co-workers
-the smiles from the elderly
-offered help from strangers
-having strangers ask me for directions even though I clearly don't belong
-the weather (pretty in the rain)
-hole in the wall restaurants
-the unity among expats
-beijing ultimate
-the stares (i've moved past them and now just feel cool)
-walking everywehre
-riding the subway like its a surf board
-street food
-cheap beer
-funny drunk chinese girls who just love white boys but can't speak enough english to tell you without writing it down
-being in a rhythm
-simplicity
-learning chinese without trying
-being told i'm a good dancer!
-the hilarious nature of my new roommate Andrew
-there being about a dozen andy/andrew's around...
-Faerie (Cheng Chen -程晨) and Summer (Wang Jing王璟)at work laughing
-Staring blankly because I have no idea what is going on
-Staring blankly but actually knowing what is going on! ;-)
-AIESEC events
-Feeling bigger than ever before and almost feeling fat
-Discussions with Talia about being fat and laughing at it
-working out and getting stared at
-feeling like I am actually in better shape than I have been in a long time
-spicy food
-watching this late night nature show that has no talking, just sound effects, greatest show ever
-watching old cartoons like DBZ I know so well that I can learn chinese by watching
-talking about international relations with people from all over the world
-picking out people by accents
-watching couples just walk and talk
-old people dancing in the park at night
-these sweet 2 wheel skateboards all the kids have!
-watching 50+ yr. olds do tai chi, knowing half of them could probably beat my ass
-Beach Hat Tournaments
-Massages and being walked on
-Propaganda
-Traffic laws and the lack there of
-Bimbo baked goods
-Bargaining
-Buying books for $1
-broken conversations
-being laughed at by 8 year olds for my chinese skills
-much more
1 comment:
Glad to hear you're having a great time, Andy! Don't have too much fun though, haha. we (or at least, I) would like to see you again...
peace.
Post a Comment