
i've had a big stupid grin on all weekend. I don't know exactly why is started, but I know why its still there. Since thursday, I've been having a great time, not much sleep, but a great time. I forgot how much I miss good one-on-one conversations that make you forget what time it is. I had quite a few this weekend with some friends both old (by my standards) and new. Have a couple of drinks and laugh. Also, my roommate was so drunk he didn't recognize me, which was hilarious, so we just ran off. Plus, i got to watch harold and kumar on a big tv at like 3am from a comfy couch, which made me feel like i was sitting stateside. Sadly, i slept til 4pm and missed some ultimate and catching up with some pengyou, but w/e, it was all good. So then there was a trainee (thats me) event with the local chapter. Well, I rushed to get there are on time, ha! I was the only trainee for the first 3 hours. But you know what, that was cool. i got to meet the new @ers and practice some chinese. We kicked some spring thing with feathers around, got some grub and went to Houhai. Its beautiful and unique there, and it has bars. So we settled in on some sofa's and i was responsible for drinking for all the trainees since no one else came. I played some chinese drinking games, introduced circle of death, and got to know some more of the new ones and actually remembered names! it was a blast. about half the party 10 of us continued on to Mix a 3 story club warehouse type place. it was a bit pricey, but lots of fun. It was nice having a big group including chinese and girls so it wasn't tall awkward white boy, per usual. The night ended well and I woke up smiling for another great day.
Being carefree is a blast and I'm loving it here. Best wishes to all of you who are still reading (and those who aren't for that matter). And to my beijingers, hope to see you soon ;-)
If i'm rambling too much, sorry.
1 comment:
that awesome that you are having a blast!
Post a Comment